Serving Savannah, Georgia and surrounding areas

Families | Children | Seniors | Engagement | Maternity | Intimate weddings|

The "I am Beautiful" project ~ February

  I am so honored to introduce you to my second ambassador for the "I am Beautiful" project.
 If you are not familiar with the project you can read all about it
 HERE "I am Beautiful" project 

Meet Morgan


It didn't take but a moment for me to realize what an amazing young woman Morgan is.
As we walked and talked again I found myself wondering why would anyone
 bully such a beautiful, smart, fun, smart did I mention smart, child of God.
and again it became crystal clear.

Here is Morgan's story told by Morgan 

Hi I am Morgan Alexis Stokes,
I am 18, My hobbies includ
e singing, dancing, community service, 
blogging and being with friends and family.


 My favorite foods are turkey & cheese sandwiches. My favorite color is yellow
 and my favorite subject in school right now is religion. 
 I am studying to be a Special Education Teacher
 and hope to continue onto being a Speech Pathologist. 

 My heroes include my parents because they have always bent over backwards to support
 me and my sister and give me more love than I can handle. 
My other heroes would be my Nanny and Papa because they both instilled
 in me a lot of qualities I possess now and were always my number 1 fans. 
I think one of my best qualities would be my positivity and my strength. 
I like to see the best in every situation and 
I like to always remind myself that being a child of God means I'm never weak.

 Bullying to me means strength. 
Weird word I know, but it takes a strong person to be able to go through being bullied
 and an even stronger person to come out of it victorious.
 I realized I was being bullied in about 3rd grade when my first fear was walking down
 the middle of the bus aisle and my sister had to start being my backup.
 Bullying made me feel vulnerable because all of my attackers could see right through me
 and they knew it. It made me feel ugly because I never knew why it was happening to me..
But now when I look back, bullying made me feeling beautiful
 because hey, I must of been doing something right for other girls to want to bring me down :) 

I found help dealing with the bullying through my family.
Without them I would never be who I am today. 
Thank you to my mama for reminding me that I am a child of God
 and I am created for a reason but also for teaching me to stand up for myself and never back down.
 My daddy also taught me to stand up for who I am but also what I am.
 I'm a Stokes girl, I'm built tough and I can tackle anything, except for him. 
My sister Caley, who went through similar trials, taught me
 that no matter what age she will always be my bodyguard and #1 fan.
 She taught me that no one could make me feel inferior and I would never face life alone.

 Like I have said to many young girls I know very well who have walked through
 or are walking through where I went.. Stand strong and never lose your smile. 
You've got something in you that bullies don't have and that is something special, don't lose it.
 Victory is the only thing that lies at the end and man does it feel good. 
You are created beautifully in the eyes of the beholder and created for a reason with a purpose. 
Don't back down, stand up and show em what you're made of.  
You've got an army of supporters behind you and the fight should never be fought alone.

Some things about me that I would like the world to know..
I am a strong believer in being who you truly are. .
Do what makes you happy and because you want to. 
Impressing people is boring, who cares what everyone else thinks? 
Make your one life count

Another thing is, I love to talk and if anyone ever needs a supporter
 or someone to give them that extra “umph” I am always available. 


Morgan thank you so much for sharing your story.
This world is such a better place because you are in it.
It was such an honor to get to spend time with you on that very cold morning.
Your smile is infectious and the sparkle in your eyes is mesmerizing.
Your positive energy and outlook on life will not only carry you far
 but it also brings joy to all those around you.
Shine on sweet girl, shine on.. XOXO, Cherry

you may click on any picture to enlarge it.

No comments